Wednesday 10 August 2011

Final Write up about my Object


My object is interactive for the touch sense. I have sort of created my own type of Braille (what the blind use to read by touching) for the user to touch. The user is unable to see what they are touching because of the box I have built. From here, they feel the different sets of cards and have to write down/draw/match up the cards. My object really tests a person’s ability to read a pattern/shape etc just by using their touch sense. As people, touch and sight generally go together when completing a task so to me it is very interesting to see how others do when just using touch. It certainly takes quite a bit of concentration.

The user gets to experience the feeling of only using their touch sense. My object gives the user a sense of what it is like to be blind and lets them experience the feeling of reading something by touching it, which is definitely something people are not use to. It is exciting to the user because they are experiencing something new and also because they will be trying their very best to get every shape/pattern correct.

Our fingers are very sensitive to touch and it is very interesting to see how others do when testing just the one sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment